The company announced a new line of NETGEAR products that includes two wireless routers, NETGEAR R6300 and R6200 and a USB-adapter NETGEAR A6200. All new products have support for next-generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac wireless networks, at frequencies of 5.6 GHz.
NETGEAR R6300 is the industry’s first WiFi-router based on IEEE WiFi 802.11ac, provides a WiFi network of the fifth generation (5G WiFi) at gigabit speeds, 450 Mbit/s (at 2.4 and 5 GHz 802.11n) + 1300 Mbit/s (at 5 GHz 802.11ac ), i.e Combined WiFi speeds up to 1750 Mbit/sec. NETGEAR R6300 is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n, will be an excellent option for current and future devices of WiFi, and also ensures maximum performance. There are two USB 2.0 ports for simultaneous sharing and use of an external USB drives and USB-printer.
WiFi-router NETGEAR R6200 supports WiFi network of the fifth generation (5G WiFi) at gigabit speeds, 300 Mbit / s (at 2.4 GHz 802.11n) + 900 Mbit / s (at 5 GHz 802.11 ac), ie Combined WiFi speeds up to 1200 Mbit / sec and are sold at a lower price. It has a USB 2.0 port for public access and use an external USB drive or USB-printer, and backward compatibility with 802.11 a / b / G / n .
NETGEAR R6300 and NETGEAR R6200 WiFi-routers also have the support of:
- NETGEAR Genie, whereby home users can easily monitor your home network, to carry out the monitoring, troubleshooting, etc.
- NETGEAR MyMedia, which helps you to search across the entire network photos, videos and music and play them on mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) by the DLNA protocol.
- AirPrint, through which we can print by using USB-printer or network printer directly from the Apple iPad or Apple iPhone device.
- Guest access to the network
- ReadySHARE Printer, for the conversion of any USB-printer/MFU into a fully functional network printer
- Media Server-DLNA, for convenient output of media to any DLNA-compatible device.
- NETGEAR Live Parental Controls, to implement parental controls for all devices that are connected to the network.
Dual-band USB WiFi-adapter WiFi 802.11ac model NETGEAR A6200- allows users to easily upgrade your PC or laptop to run at speed of 802.11ac. It provides improved coverage rate for mobile devices and WiFi for HD streaming. The adapter is equipped with rotating antenna and flexible option for placing on a table with a docking station. It is also backwards compatible with WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n routers.
NETGEAR R6300, R6200 WiFi 802.11ac routers and Dual-band USB WiFi-adapter A6200 is easily installed and configured through a browser-based utility.
NETGEAR R6300 will be available in August 2012 while NETGEAR R6200 and NETGEAR A6200 will be available in the third quarter of 2012. The price of these devices is not yet announced.