- Microsoft to acquire Nokia’s Devices & Services Business in 5.44 Billion Euros Deal
- Jelly Bean Keyboard – keyboard now ported to Android 4.0
- GetResponse Vs. AWeber Vs. VerticalResponse – A Review of Top Email Marketing Services
- Samsung introduced accessories for the Galaxy S3
- Why your Graphics Cards Needs to be Put Down
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India examination administered and conducted in 8 zones across the country by GATE committee for admissions to Post Graduate programs (ME, M. Tech, MS, Direct Ph.D.) in institutes like IITs and IISc etc. with financial assistance offered by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Registration for GATE 2018 shall commence tentatively from the first week of June 2017.
- GATE Application Form has to be filled at the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- The registration for the same shall end by first week of October 2017.
- Steps to apply to GATE has been mentioned in the article along with application fee and documents required.
- Application fee for GATE 2018 varies for different categories.
GATE 2018 Application Form Highlights
Some important points for GATE 2018 that need to be kept in mind by candidates are tabulated below:
|Exam Name||General Aptitude Test for Engineering|
|Conducting Authority||II Guwahati|
|Application form begins from||September 01, 2017 (Tentative)|
|Last date to submit application form||October 04, 2017 (Tentative)|
|GATE Application form correction date||November 16, 2017 (Tentative)|
|Exam Date||February 2018|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of exam||English|
GATE 2018 Registration Dates
Important dates for registration for GATE 2018 has been mentioned below:
|Availability of GATE Application form||September 2017|
|Last date to apply for GATE 2018||October 2017|
|Correction date for GATE Application form||November 2017|
|Release of admit card||January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Exam date||February 2018|
Candidates must keep a record of these dates so that keep themselves updated regarding GATE 2018.
GATE 2018 Application Process
Candidates need to follow the application process for GATE 2018 and the same has been mentioned below:
GATE 2018 application form can be filled in the following 4 stages:
- 1. Registration
Candidates need to register first by entering a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password of their choice.
- The password selected by the candidates should be unique which should contain both string of alphabets and numbers.
- All communication regarding GATE 2018 will be sent to the registered mobile number and email address.
- Communication to foreign students should be done through mail.
- After a successful registration by candidate, an email containing registered mobile number and GOAPS Enrolment id will be sent to their registered email id.
- This email id will be used to log in to fill GATE Application form 2018, for downloading GATE admit card, to check result and to download score card.
- 2. Filling of GATE 2018 Application Form
Once registration has been completed, candidates need to enter their personal details correctly including address for communication and academic qualification.
- Candidates need to enter 3 exam centers of their choice while filling the application form.
- It is necessary to carry a valid photo id to the exam hall.
- 3. Uploading of Documents
Images need to be scanned before they are uploaded. The preferred format and size is as follows:
- Passport size photograph clicked in white background: 5-200 kb
- Signature in running handwriting: 5-150 kb
- Left-hand thumb impression: 2-150 kb
- Category or PwD certificate wherever applicable: 10-300 kb
- 4. Payment of Application Fee
After completing the above-mentioned steps, one needs to pay GATE 2018 application fee. Fees can be paid through net banking or debit/credit cards or e-challan.
GATE 2018 Application Fee
Application Fee for GATE 2018 varies for different categories and the same has been tabulated below.
|SC/ ST/ PwD candidates||
|All other candidates||
|GATE International candidates||
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category need to upload a valid documentary evidence for concession in fees.
- A unique fee payment number will be generated after successful payment of fees. And, the same should be saved by the candidates for future reference.
- This number must be carefully retained and entered before the final submission of application form.
- In case, payment made successfully is not shown for the first time, another payment should not be made directly.
- Check application status after 2-3 days to see if the earlier payment is successful or not.
- Extra payments will be automatically refunded.
Documents required for GATE 2018
Following is the list of documents required for GATE 2018 application form:
- Personal details
- Contact Address
- Degree Certificate (10-300 kb in pdf format)
- College Address and Pin Code
- Scanned image of photograph (5-200 kb clicked in white background)
- Scanned image of signature (5-150 kb)
- Scanned image of left-hand thumb impression (2-150 kb)
- Scanned image of category certificate (10-300 kb)
- ID Proof (Anyone from Aadhar number, voter’s ID, PAN number, College ID, Driving License or Passport)
- Bank details for online payment
GATE 2018 Application Form Status
Candidates can check the status of their application form if it has been submitted successfully or not through the official website of GATE. One needs to login through his/her application number and password for GOAPS.
The user’s window will display any one of the following messages:
- Received- successfully submitted
- Under Scrutiny- application being checked
- Defect Status- defects to be rectified in the application form
- Status after Rectification- status of the form after the changes are made
- Rejected with reasons- forms which cannot be rectified and stands rejected
GATE 2018 Application Form Important Points
While filling the application form for GATE 2018, candidates need to keep in mind the following important points:
- Application form can be previewed by the candidates before making payment. Hence, they are advised to do so to spot and correct any errors.
- No changes are allowed once the candidates have clicked on confirm and final submit.
- Print out of the application form is not required at the zonal GATE office.